Monday, June 14, 2010

Lost in Transit

When you live in the Yukon everywhere else in the world is "outside." And when you go outside sometimes things seem weird.

Like when we went to Toronto. I loved the architecture, the old buildings, the stone work and the carved wooden doors. I have a thing about doorways.

I saw this sign from the window of the Greyhound bus on our way to our friends wedding.

If this sign is to be believed, people are not allowed to stand to the left of this sign. Nor are they to stop there between 4 and 6 PM from Monday to Friday.... huh??? I'm confused.

In the Yukon things are simple. Like at the end of main street. "Tour bus parking only. April  - October," "Two hour parking," makes sense.

I know that each community has it's differences and quirks which make it unique. It's what sets us all apart. And so it is my hope that someday someone in Toronto will enlighten me at some point as to the meaning of this sign.

2 comments: